March 13, 2020
Dear Mile High 360 Community -
Out of an abundance of caution, Mile High 360 has made the decision to move programming online until further notice. We strongly believe that this is the best way we can help protect students, families, volunteers, and staff - by reducing opportunities for coronavirus to potentially spread through group gatherings. We will continue to evaluate the situation on a week-to-week basis by monitoring expert advice from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Colorado Health Department.
While we will not be meetingin-person, Mile High 360 remains open and is working with students six days per week. Matt, Natalie, Marisol, and Meagan have designed a range of virtual programming to help students stay active, engaged, and connected. Students are engaged with their MH360 peers through Slack, Google Hangouts, Zoom, Instagram Live, and basic texting.
We urge parents, students, volunteers, and staff to stay informed about the COVID-19 pandemic. We can all do our part to prevent the virus from spreading by practicing basic hygiene, limiting contact with large groups, knowing how to identify symptoms, and following recommendations from state and local health authorities. Here are helpful resources for understanding the impact of COVID-19, speaking with children about it, and preventive measures:
· Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/
· Denver Public Schools’ Health Updates: https://www.dpsk12.org/coronavirus/
· Denver Departmentof Health & Environment: https://www.denvergov.org/content/denvergov/en/environmental-health.html
· How to talk to kids about COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/talking-with-children.html
Our contact info: Staff will be available, as always, by text, phone, or email. Here is our information at your fingertips:
· Linsie Fell, Program Director, (720) 838-5858, LinsieF@milehigh360.org
· Natalie Henson, Post-Secondary Coordinator, (540) 273-9958, email@example.com
· Marisol Deluna Martinez, Academic Coordinator, (720) 474-9919, firstname.lastname@example.org
· Matt Seagrave, Cycling Coordinator, (361) 816-3902, email@example.com
· Meagan Sudhoff, Cycling Coordinator, (720) 397-1906, Meagans@milehigh360.org
· Jessica Cressen, Academic Coordinator, (908) 489-4726, JessicaC@milehigh360.org
· Eric Eiteljorg, Executive Director, 720-323-3608, firstname.lastname@example.org
· NatalieMartinez, Director of Development, (303) 594-1805, email@example.com
We will continue to update you as new information becomes available, and we look forward to resuming full programming as soon as possible.
The Mile High 360 Team
Additionally, Denver Public Schools remains committed to its students and will provide breakfast and lunch, with a “grab and go” approach. Breakfast will be served from 8:00am to 9:00am and Lunch will be served from 12:00pm to 1:00pm.
Here are the locations that will serve meals:
Southwest: Lincoln High School
Southeast: Place Bridge Academy and Joe Shoemaker
Northwest: North High School
Central: DCIS Baker
Northeast: Manual High School
Far Northeast: Montbello and Evie Dennis
INTEGRITY | COMMITMENT | PERSEVERANCE | INCLUSIVITY
Mile High 360 at The Denver Athletic Club | 1325 Glenarm Place, Denver, CO 80204
Mile High 360 at the West Campus | 951 Elati Street, Denver, CO 80204