Health & Wellness
A Comprehensive Support System
Mile High 360 provides its students with long-term and year-round access to essential out-of-school resources and opportunities in three core areas (Academics, Health & Wellness, and Life Skills) that impact their educational and life success. Mile High 360 works to spearhead a network of resources and opportunities that connect to the school and the family.
Students joining Mile High 360 can expect:
- To participate in up to 13 consecutive years of support with the Impact360 team
- To engage in year-round programming that is response to each child’s needs.
- To participate in 450 hours of supporting activities each year, during grades 6-12
- To participate in 50 hours of support each year, during his/her post-secondary years
- To participate in 25-50 hours of support each year, from age 21 – 24
- Annual home visits for all students in grades 6-12
- Weekly classroom observations for students in grades 6-12
- Bi-weekly phone calls home to update guardians on progress for all students in grades 6-12.
Mile High 360 provides students with access to a range of academic support throughout the school year and summer months.
Middle and High School Students
Study Skills Development
- Students in grades 6 - 8 learn how to prepare for subject-specific assessments. Students learn to study both independently and collaboratively.
- Students in grades 9 - 12 participate in exam-specific study sessions.
- Middle school students visit two to three college campuses each year.
- Students in grades 9 - 10 visit three to five college campuses each year.
- Students in grade 11 participate in SAT prep classes with Denver Test Prep and identify colleges and post-secondary institutions of interest.
- With guidance from the Mile High 360 Post-Secondary Coordinator, seniors apply to their post-secondary institutions of choice, complete the FAFSA financial aid application, and apply for a range of scholarship opportunities.
- Students transition to post-secondary life with guidance from the Mile High 360 Post-Secondary Coordinator.
- Students participate in individual and group s study sessions with the PSC and volunteers.
- Students meet with the PSC regularly to discuss a range of topics and challenges, from course section to shifts in living arrangements, such as securing on or off-campus housing
Health & Wellness
Mile High 360 provides students with access to important health and wellness programming throughout the school year and summer months for all of its students.
- Squash - Squash is one of the two anchor sports Mile High 360 offers. Students learn the fundamentals of the sport, become members of the United States Squash Racquet Association and become integrated with the local squash community. During their tenure with Impact360, students can expect to become certified referees, play in local and national tournaments, and travel around the country to compete against other junior players (grades 6-12).
- Cycling - Cycling is Mile High 360's second anchor sport. Starting on Cannondale’s Quick CX5, students become cyclists and learn to maneuver through the city streets. They merge with the local cycling community and join the Bicycle Racing Association of Colorado (BRAC). Additionally, students become mechanically proficient and develop into serious riders who compete in and volunteer at local and regional events (grades 6-12).
Mile High 360 provides its students with access to a variety of life skills resources and opportunities throughout the school year and summer months.
Middle and High School Students
- Speaker Series - Twice each year, Mile High 360 invites a speaker to present his/her personal story to its students and their parents. This is an opportunity for Impact360 students and their parents to connect with someone who has a life story that resonates with their own and hear how that person used education as a transformational tool.
- Internships - With a variety of partners, Mile High 360 provides its high school seniors with a handful of opportunities to apply for a variety of internships. These internships place Impact360 students in challenging professional positions that provide pertinent career experiences and build social networks.
- Financial Heath - Post-secondary students participate in financial health workshops provided by the Financial Health Institute that guide individuals to become aware of how financial stress affects their well-being and develop strategies to manage resources, reduce stress, and improve health.
- Speaker Series - Twice each year, Mile High 360 invites a speaker to present his/her personal story to its students and their parents. This is an opportunity for Mile High 360’s post-secondary students and their parents to connect with someone who has a life story that resonates with their own and hear how that person used education as a transformational tool.
- Internships - With a variety of partners, Impact360 provides its post-secondary students with opportunities to apply for a variety of internships. These internships place Mile High 360 students in challenging professional positions that provide pertinent career experiences and build social capital that students can build with over the coming years.
- Mile High 360’s oldest students are post-secondary juniors. The support that will be provided for students from age 21 – 24 will focus on housing, employment and relationships.